The Gender Equity Resource Center offers educational opportunities through a variety of staff and student led workshops. Workshops for campus organizations and departments are free, though we ask you submit workshop requests at least two weeks in advance. The earlier we recieve a request the more likely we will be able to accommodate your requested dates. Workshop requests from off-campus organizations will be considered, though availability may be restricted, and will only be presented for a fee.
* For info about the Sexual Harassment and Sexual Violence Education Requirement, click the "Education & Training" tab on http://survivorsupport.berkeley.edu/learn-more.
We share a workshop request form with our other colleagues in the Centers for Educational Justice and Community Engagement. When you are filling out the form, please indicate you would like a workshop from the Gender Equity Resource Center. Please click here to request a workshop!
Workshops by Category
(Scroll down for descriptions of each workshop)
- Healthy Relationships
- Sexual Harassment
- Spectrum of Sexual Violence (sexual assault, stalking, dating violence and domestic violence)
The R.A.D. System is a 9-12 hour comprehensive, women-only course that begins with risk awareness and progresses to the basics of hands-on defense training. http://www.rad-systems.com. Please wear comfortable clothing and athletic shoes. Bring a pen for taking notes, a towel, water and food for yourself.
Class may be cancelled due to insufficient enrollment
DATES/TIMES (sign-up at tinyurl.com/calrad1617)
2 Saturdays, Oct. 8 & 15, 2016 Foothill Assembly Room 9:00am-3:30pm - FULL
2 Saturdays, Mar 4 & 11, 2017 Foothill Assembly Room 9:00am-3:30pm
2 Saturdays, July 8 & 15, 2017 Location - TBA 9:00am-3:30pm
* We welcome all who experience life through the lens of woman in body, spirit, identity - past, present, future, and fluid.
FEES $10 with UCB ID; $20 for community members. (For UCB students only - We are able to provide a limited amount of scholarships in cases of financial need. Please indicate [Scholarship Request] this on the Questions section)
SPACE IS LIMITED Please sign-up to hold your space (first come, first serve). We will send a confirmation email with instructions on how to pay, what forms to bring with you, directions, etc. You are not confirmed in the class until you pay the fee (or receive a scholarship).
REFRESHER As you know, R.A.D. has an unlimited return and practice policy. If you have taken the R.A.D. previously, and would like to take this as a refresher, please sign-up below and put "Refresher - your name" in the NAME field. Please bring your signed manual to class.
FOR DISABILITY RELATED ACCOMMODATIONS: ACCESS.BERKELEY.EDU
Sponsored by Gender Equity Resource Center, Recreational Sports, Residence Life and UCPD
PLEASE NOTE: This does NOT fulfill the Sexual Harassment and Sexual Violence Education Requirement
- Do you know how to respond if a staff member you supervise initiates a gender confirmation plan to undergo transition in the workplace?
- Are you aware that many students and other staff members use pronouns such as “they” and “ze”?
- Gender identity is a protected category in state non-discrimination law and campus non-discrimination policy, are you are aware of what you need to know to be in compliance?
- You've never been to a trans-focused workshop before - you may not know what you don't know!