About the Gender Equity Resource Center (GenEq)
The Gender Equity Resource Center, fondly referred to as GenEq, is a UC Berkeley campus community center committed to fostering an inclusive Cal experience for all. GenEq is the campus location where students, faculty, staff and alumni connect for resources, services, education and leadership programs related to gender and sexuality.
The programs and services of the Gender Equity Resource Center are focused on four key areas:
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer+ (LGBTQ+)
- Sexual Harassment & Sexual Violence
Through our many programs and services we strive to:
- Provide a space for respectful dialogue about sexuality and gender
- Illuminate the interrelationship of sexism, homophobia and gender bias & violence
- Create a campus free of violence and hate
- Provide leadership opportunities
- Advocate on behalf of survivors of sexual, hate, dating and gender violence
- Foster a community of women and LGBT leaders
- Be a portal to campus and community resources on LGBT, Women, and the many intersections of identity (eg race, class, ability, etc...)
The Gender Equity Resource Center (GenEq) is a part of the Centers for Education Justice and Community Engagement, which is a cluster in the Division of Equity & Inclusion, University of California, Berkeley.
We are located on the 2nd floor, Suite 202